Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Conjunction

It is strange how a person can have a repeating connection to another person without the second person realizing it. Example:

This guy used to play onstage at a church I went to for a short time. I took a moderate notice because he had some defining features of an under-bite and 1 inch wide plugs in his ears. With a fleeting affinity, I left and didn't think too much more about him.

About a year or two later, I was touring this house on the market in order to pass time with my parents. Their friend had just listed it and had called to see what they thought of the place. When we walked in, the belongings of the owners were still there, pictures and couches littering every available square foot. In the hallway, there was picture after picture of that same guy with his, assumed to be, wife. This house was his parent's house, and now I had leaked into his personal side a bit without intention.

Now, 5 or 6 years later, my flight from Seattle to San Diego had landed earlier than expected. I had parked myself next to the carts to the left of the baggage claim in order to wait until my parents came to pick me up. Down the escalator he came, except this time his hair was a bit thinner, donning a suit, and his plugs had been pinned up as if he was coming from a long day of working for the man. He was there to pick someone up. Strange I'll never know his name nor will he know mine, and it makes me curious about similar connections that I may never know about.

2 comments:

Randomer said...

I love it when things like that happen.

Recently I decided to befriend this guy that I had seen alot in town over the last year,only to find that he's recently moved country!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's cool.