Sunday, January 31, 2010

Spill Your Dreams to Me and We Can Hide Away

"My church...is pretty bland at first glance. It is a cinder-block bunker situated across the street from a university and up the road from about a hundred other churches. It has the requisite plastic chairs, lame carpet, and bad coffee. In five years I've never had a good cup of coffee there. But I love it. I love the people. And I love the teaching-it's challenging and theologically significant. It's spiritual meat in a world of beer, milk, and philosophical cookies. It's a bubble that I am proud to be a part of, and I am being challenged there in ways that I never thought possible." -Ted Kluck

I love this quote. It resonates exactly with how I feel about my church(except I really enjoy beer, so not that part). The message was so good today, as it is most times. Sigh.

No comments: